Grundig TV Arganto 82 MW 82-500 IRDT

Hi folks, this is a first post from me. I've got a Grundig TV as described in the post title. Just recently the picture has been flicking off and on until last Sunday the TV refused to switch on from Standby. When I push the main ON button the TV emits a brief crackle from the speakers and goes to Standby without displaying a picture. If I try to operate the TV via the remote or the panel buttons the LED turns briefly green and then back to red. I can get nothing more :-(

I've had the TV apart and resoldered some poorly looking points on the board around but this had no effect.

I'm of the opinion that it could be the power switching transistor but I can't find any schematics or component parts to try and replace it.

I did find an old document from Grundig mention similar faults on other TV's but they have different chassis to mine.

The Chassis on my TV is a CUC 2058. If anyone has any info on this model or any other insight into what the problem is before I resign my 5 year old TV to the skip I'd much appreciate it. I'd much rather spend a few quid trying to fix it than doing without a TV until I can afford a new HD model :-o

Regards.

Reply to
Lakota

I have a schematic if you need it. I had a very similar problem and it was easily fixed.

--
Stuart Brooks
Carluke

webcams at
www.brooks22.plus.com/index.htm

Webcam: http://www.brooks22.plus.com
Reply to
Stuart Brooks

i have also this problem how do you fix it?

simon

snipped-for-privacy@thermokool.co.uk

--
thermokool
Reply to

I have a schematic if you need it. I had a very similar problem and it was

easily fixed.

-- Stuart Brooks Carluke South Lanarkshire 221m amsl

webcams at

Webcam:

I have the same problem can you help me too?

tony snipped-for-privacy@breathemail.net

--
tmartin
Reply to