Panasonic LTD TV, Model TR-602

I just found a very grungy Panasonic LTD TV, Model TR-602, sitting on a pile of garbage out in the rain. I decided it looked old enough to have tubes, so I brought it home. The label on it has the date, Yovember 1975. Right now it is sitting in the bathtub, leaking brownish water. I'll let it dry for a while and then open it up.

(1) It occurred to me that it might have roaches in it. Since it is wet anyway, and since all I really care about are the tubes, is there any reason not to fill up the tub and let it all leak into the TV to drown the roaches? (2) Since I'll probably want to study some of the circuits and components, where can I find a schematic/service manual for this TV, preferably for free?

--
Ignorantly,
Allan Adler

Art

Well, you are right. I opened it up, just to be sure. In old TV sets that I used to take apart, there was this red stethoscope thing serving as the anode of the CRT which was connected by a thick cable to a shielded tube that had a cap. I saw a similar structure and tried to remove it. It was pretty well anchored in but a pair of pliers destroyed the rickety circuit board and I got it out. Then I used pliers and screwdriver to chip away at it to make sure there was no tube inside. I didn't destroy it completely but it seemed to be filled with some kind of red plastic stuff and some other stuff like the container, and also some wires. No tube. I do wonder what that device and the red substance were, though.

Anyway, I've put the set back together and will return it to the trash. Happily, I saw no roaches, but the inside of the set was still pretty gross. Now it's all over except for cleaning up the mess I made while chipping away at the PCB and the component.

I think this counts as getting some experience.

--
Ignorantly,
Allan Adler