Twit needs help on Grundig TV

Having problems with my Grundig "Elegance 70" TV model MW 70-150/8 Dolby. The set kept switching itself into standby, and would reattempt to fire up again, which after a few goes it managed to refire up. A friend of mine who is a TV engineer suggested that I change the LOPT and the high voltage caps around the LOPT. I took them out after numbering them, took them to a component shop who had most of them (including the LOPT), got back and found that I am one short of the capacitors. Trouble is, I do not know the value. The board designation says "C53572" Does any kind soul out there have a circuit diagram for this chassis and can tell me the value of the missing cap. TIA. Mark in Spain.

PS If this is the wrong newsgroup, please let me know, thanks.

Reply to
Anti-Spam

LOPT= line transistor or transformer? check the schematic, see

also post on dudaelectronica.net forum if no luck.

you need the chassis reference of the tv, starts cuc XXXX. look on the rear panel or consult model to chasis list on cromavideo site.

good luck. b

Thanks B, the eserviceinfo web site I put straight into my favourites folder, great site. Spent 20 mins. trying to find the CUC part number somewhere on the chassis, but the buggers have hidden it, lots of part numbers for the various bits of metalwork and PCB's but no number I could find for the Chassis in total. Could not find the Cromavideo web site you mentioned, any chance of the complete address? LOPT I meant as Line Output Transformer, already changed the LOPT driver transistor. Thanks for you help. Mark.

Reply to
Anti-Spam

B, sorry mate, further investigated the eservice site and found the chassis number through that, and have now found the part I need to get. Your help has saved my day, if by chance your ever in Spain, call by and I will buy you a large drink, thanks. Mark.

Reply to
Anti-Spam

Mark, ... great news! Glad to have been of use. By the way, in case you need it here is the cromavideo site full address:

un saludo desde Madrid! B.