Sylvania DVL-100B DVD player firmware update?

My roommate has this player. We tried to play a DVD that i burned on my PC. It did sort of try... lots of weird artifacts, time skips forward and backward, etc. The DVD plays fine on our PCs, my DVD player, etc. I was hoping there might be a firmware update. I found one for a DVL-100CC, but I really doubt it's the right one, since the procedure they give for it doesn't work (press 9,8,7,6,Search Mode).

--
* John Oliver                              http://www.john-oliver.net/ *
*     Reform California gun laws - http://www.reformcagunlaws.com/     *