Flash K9F5608UOD Programmer

HI, Can anyone suggest a way to program a Samsung K9F5608UOD flash chip ?

This is used on board an interet radio that has been altered and needs the firmward reflashing, I have the code from the manufacturer and the suggested method is to use JTAG which is slow and then interfaces to the CPU that then writes back the image,

There is enough test points on the board that can interface directly with the flash chip, and there is a point where the CPU can be inhibited so as not to interfer with the process. But I cant find a reasonably priced programmer that can flash these devices ?, can anyone suggest a circuit for a home made one ?, preferably the software would run under linux but that isnt as important as building the diy programmer.

Any suggest something ?, Mr Google this time doesnt seem to help much :(

TIA.

Reply to
f825_633