Eprom programmer ?

From time to time I have the need to program some of the old 27512 and 27256 eproms. I've been using an old Sunshine programmer on a very old 386 puter that has finally died. I note Futurelec have a programmer that works on Win98. Does anyone know where I can buy a reasonably priced one that will work with the XP operating system ?

Cheers Jim

Reply to
Jim

The one I use and recommend is the one from Andromeda research :

regards Richard Freeman

Reply to
Richard Freeman

I got this one working on a few Win2k/XPPro computers using UserPort driver without extra software. As for the unit we had one for years and cannot break it.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Boronia, last time I looked :-)

Peter

Reply to
Pete

They only do 12V Vpp chips IIRC. Sometimes one needs to do 21V/25V chips too.

Reply to
budgie

Try this place

then click on "MCU, Programmer", then "universal programmer"

I got the WP38a about 3 months back, runs on USB, which means it will work on almost any modern computer for a long time to come. (where many of the older parallel ports may have problems in the future if and when parallel and serial ports disappear from computers (especially laptops)

works great, have used it with some large PICS, and many eproms from

2732 up to 27010 varieties with no problems. Also have used with some Dallas Rams too.

Also not listed in the specs, it has an inbuilt frequency generator - and an 8 channel logic analyzer buit in (you connect some of the pins from the zif socket to the circuit you want to monitor, using short lengths of hook up wire)

Even though they ship from Hong Kong, it only took about a week from payment to receive it in the mail. (Australia)

Reply to
Kendrick Reed

Hi ... funny to see a mention of JED on this group.

Yes we are in Boronia. Have been since we started JED part-time in 1977 at home, and then in leased premises in 1985 and our own since 1997 in Boronia Rd.

The PROM programmer only handles 12 to 13 volt PROMs (you have not been able to buy 21v ons since 1992!) see:

You may have seen the AVR CPU board we ran for hobbyists in Si Chip recently as a kit. See:

Cheers Ed Schoell

Reply to
edschoell

Ed Shoell out at JED Microcomputers

in beautiful downton Bayswater sells his own Aussie made parallel port device, that is easy to use and works with XP (with an additional program). Comes bundled with some useful utilities. I've bought a few of these over the years for various employers/clients.

Cheers, Alf

Reply to
Alf Katz

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:49:05 +1000, "Jim" put finger to keyboard and composed:

If you have an Expro programmer, and if you are interested in repairing it, then circuits are available on the Net. There is also a diagnostic "Testpro" program.

Or is it the 386 PC that has died?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

(snip)

Can you post a URL for those please Franc?

Reply to
budgie

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 11:46:55 +0800, budgie put finger to keyboard and composed:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Good guess Frank, it was the 386, but guess what I found under 30 years of accumulated boards etc in the shed ? Many thanks for all responses. Cheers Jim

Reply to
Jim

Oops, you're right, Alf.

Reply to
Alf Katz

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:33:58 +1000, "Jim" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have an Expro-60 that I'm keeping alive with an old 486, so I understand your problem.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

The one I have runs off the serial port which I think is more likely to be compatible in the future because it doesn't rely on any drivers or software in the computer except for a terminal program. I can't see the serial port disappearing for a *long* time even if it needs to be added as pci card or a usb device. On the other hand a USB programmer's drivers and software might stop functioning on windows 2009.

Michael

Reply to
Michael C