how to program external flash through 9s12 and BDM ?

Hi

P&E Micro states that is it possible to program an external flash via BDM->

MCU,please,can anyone suggest me a link where i can find an example with diagram?

my MCU is a 9s12E64 80 pins,that unfortunately doesnt have PORTA and PORTB,is that possible with it?

Thanks

Reply to
blisca

It is possible to do just about anything with BDM if you upload your own program into the MCU.

P&E provides quite may algorithms for programming misc. external flash memories using their BDM cable.

You may have to develop your own flasher to be uploaded by BDM.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

BDM->

thanks Vladimir

Reply to
blisca

You can do it with JTAG at least.

Petter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Thanks Petter,but i dont know how jtag has to do with my MCU

are you suggesting me some way to program a flash directly with jtag?

Reply to
blisca

If the 9s12 have jtag support you could use it to generate a programming sequence for the attached external flash.

Petter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?