Emerson VCR755 Channel Setup

This machine may not be worth it but I have an Emerson VCR755 I use as a tuner on a TV with a bad internal tuner. It's a setup basically for my son's gaming but occasionally it's used to record events, but channels

37 through 94 are missing in the sequence. I don't have the remote or the user guide- is there a way to reset the channels without a remote? What remote beside the original works best?
--
kartdriver88
Reply to

This is NOT a remote control or channel programming issue...... ... those channels you mentioned are NOT AVAILABLE on this vintage (1989) VCR.

-- Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

sofie

37, etc. were NEVER included in this VCR's programming BUT I can get Ch. 95 and so on? Maybe I'm being dense but someone will have to explain this "explanation" to me.......please.......
--
kartdriver88
Reply to

kartdriver88: CATV channel 95 is just above the broadcast FM band and is actually lower in frequency than CATV channel 14. The Emerson VCR755 was marketed when the CATV channels were not entirely recoginized above channel 36. During this period of time, the lowest frequency CATV channels 95 -100 were available, but nothing widely available between

36 and 95 yet. Most cable systems have dropped those lowest frequency channels because of interference with broadcast FM. electricitym . .
Reply to
electricitym