How to get at "menu" on Sharp TV set without its remote?

I have a Sharp color TV model 13K m100 but no remote. "universal remotes" won't get me into the menu. As I want to reprogram the channels I get going up and down and to change it from cable to off air. Are there any internal jumpers I can jump to access the menu? Or is there a way to fake the proper remote say by using the RS232 port on my PC to drive an IR LED and a program that causes it to produce the correct on/off sequence of pulses to make the TV think it's seeing the proper remote (looked all over the web but didn't find this)? Sure I can buy the proper remote on ebay, but for $60?...

Reply to
robert casey

Sure. How will you know how to do this?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

If you want to play McGuyver that's up to you but, if you'll go to Walwart and pick up the One for All 4 in one remote, use code 0093, I'll gurantee it'll work or you have a bad remote sensor or didn't program it right. I use one in my shop to check repaired units and I know that one will work fine.

Tech Data

Unregistered

Thanks, the One for All 6 remote one also works for this. So I wont need to play McGuyver after all..... :-)

Reply to
robert casey

Kewl!!

Tech Data