Panasonic CT25G controls won't work.

Following a power surge, our TV(Panasonic model CT25G) is frozen on one channel. None of the controls work on the tv or on the remote. The picture and sound are excellent, but I can't change channels or control volume. I called for tech support and reset the remote, still no change. Pressing power and action brings up screen that says all systems ok. The setup screen shows up then but can't be used. A stereo receiver plugged into the same outlet was not damaged. Is there a way to reset the television?

Reply to
Sharynideas

It may be that there is damage to the control section. This involves the uPC. This something that will require proper service using the proper facilities, and having TV service training.

Jerry G.

Reply to
Jerry G.

[...]

I unplugged it for 1, then 12, then 24 hours. No change. I live over

50 miles from any Panasonic repair place. With the gas price it's cheaper to buy a new television. I was just hoping for a user friendly fix. Thanks.
Reply to
Sharynideas