cannot use tv remote to change channels

I hook up my vcr player with TV cable, and then to my TV. Now I can only use the tv remote to change voice volume of my tv, but cannot change channels. However, I can change channels using my vcr player. as i lost my vcr remote, i want to change channels using my tv remote. What can I do ? thanks!

Reply to
Jerry

Check the "Channel" setting of your VCR - on the rear, it may be off. It should be on 3 or 4. There is another setting I think too, but can't think at the moment.

Reply to
Radiosrfun

You need to use a set of RCA cables.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Reply to
Jerry

You can get a universal remote for $3 or so. It'll change channels and volume at least.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

"Jerry" wrote in news:1164428018.625442.254830@

14g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

Turn off the VCR player. The cable signal will go straight through the VCR to the TV and you can change channels with the TV remote.

Reply to
Jim Land

Reply to
Jerry

Jerry ha escrito:

why can't you cnage channels with the original tv remote? are the buttons unresponsive?

-B.

"Jerry" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@45g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

What happens if you disconnect the VCR and connect the cable directly to the TV? Can you select channels with the TV remote?

Reply to
Jim Land

Reply to
Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

In message , Jerry writes

Jerry, you seem to be posting the same problem on several newsgroups, and the scenario is getting confusing.

Are you are saying that you have an HD-ready TV which has NO internal tuner? Do you mean NO tuner, or is it simply no ANALOGUE tuner? I'm not very familiar with the latest technology, but a TV with no internal tuner seems a bit strange.

And, because you have lost the RC for the VCR, you want use the TV RC to control the channels on the VCR (which I'm guessing is probably a different make)?

Unless the TV and the VCR of the same make, it is very unlikely that the TV RC will be able to control the VCR. Even if they ARE of he same make, it's still only a 'maybe'.

As I, and at least another have suggested, your easiest solution would be to buy a cheap universal RC. This should be capable of changing the channels on the VCR (and doing the other basics, like play, stop, fast-forward, rewind, pause etc). There's also a good chance that it might be able to control the TV.

Ian.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

"Jerry" wrote in news:1164490081.286077.201510 @l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com:

can

cannot

my

OK, the Olevia 337h is a 37" HDTV Ready LCD TV with no tuner. A monitor, basically. Therefore, you cannot change channels with your TV remote.

To change channels, you will need a remote that works with your VCR. Buy one.

Reply to
Jim Land