RCA 32 inch Truflat shutting off by itself HELP please?

I have a RCA 32 inch truflat tv that is aprox 2 years old. It has worked fine with no problems what so ever until a few months ago when it started shutting off by itself. I have to click off the tv to get the light to go out, and then restart to get it to come back on. There doesn't seem to be a pattern, and sometimes it will run fine all day, and others it will go out every few minutes. MY 20 year old Zenith does not shut off hooked up in the same location with the same cable connection.

I thought it was a cable problem and have had the cable company out no less than 6 times but they keep saying it is my tv. I had all but given up and planned on getting a new TV this week until I noticed today that it does not do that when I am watching HBO on demand so once again I am lead to believe that it is a cable related issue.

I have already hid the remote, unplugged the TV overnight, and also found that calling it nasty names also does no good (some surprise, eh?) No one seems to have any idea why it is doing this and I am asking here in hopes that someone will have a clue that could help me, and save me bunches of money that would otherwise be spent buying my son a decent Christmas.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? Thanks so much in advance, Virginia

Reply to
amberlover13

It's certainly a problem with the TV, no way in heck the cable could have anything to do with it.

Without a crystal ball I can't give you a definitive answer, but my first suspect would be cracked solder joints in the power supply or sweep section of the TV, a relatively simple repair for a qualified technician, just quit using the TV before it is damaged further.

Reply to
James Sweet

Wow, thanks for the quick reply.... I'll call another repair shop first thing on Monday. Last one I called said it would be a few hundred by the time they got it in and opened up (I didn't pay much more for it than that) but perhaps it is able to be saved after all. Thanks, Virginia

James Sweet wrote:

Reply to
amberlover13

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 22:42:10 -0800, amberlover13 Has Frothed:

A few hundred? Find another shop.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Meat Plow

Basically there is not much hope guessing just which item RCA produced about

Reply to
Art

VERY common rca problem There is what is called an EW board in that set that is notorious nor this problem EASY fix pull that board out and resolder the hole thing replace it and you should be all set

Reply to
David Naylor