Citizen C504DVC trouble

I've got a few things I want to do with my DVD/VCR combo player that I can't seem to get it to do.

  1. I want to use it to view TV channels instead of tuning with my TV, because my TV is mono only and thus I can't use stereo speakers with it; with this combo player I can hook up stereo speakers to the RCA jack (works great in DVD and VHS playback). The problem is, it doesn't seem to put any sound through the line out (RCA jack) when viewing TV; I only get video.

  1. I also want to be able to use it for my video game consoles for a similar reason; stereo sound. Unfortunately, pressing the "INPUT SEL" button on the remote is doing nothing. It's not switching away from the TV mode. I know the button itself works though, because when I press it during DVD playback it takes me to the TV viewing mode.

Reply to
phantom

Am I really the first person to have these problems?

Reply to
beatme101

What problems? This isn't a chat room. from the subject line it looks like you are on the wrong newsgroup. This newsgroup is to learn the basics of electronics.

Try news:sci.electronics.repair or

for google group users. Give them the Brand and Model numbers, as well as the symptoms and they may be able to help you.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida