How to cable Samsung TV to record digital channels into VCR?

The TV is a Samsung LE26R51BDX/XEU. I am not a technical person, just trying to help a friend, so any help is much appreciated.

A the moment, there is an arial cable going from the wall to the VCR, then another arial cable that goes from the VCR to the TV. There is another SCART cable that also goes from the VCR to the TV EXT 1.

The normal channels scan ok, but all the digital channels bypassed the VCR and go straight into the TV. The decoder is in the TV, so the digital signals are decoded only when they reach the TV.

Is there a cabling option that allows these decoded signals to go back to the VCR to be recorded?

Thanks, Petre

Reply to
PHuile

Hi Petre, just bought my digital box today with picture instructions as to how you need to hook it up - so here goes - let me know if it works...

Use Scart lead to connec the digital receiver's VCR Scart socket to scart socket on VCR.. connect the aerial leads from digital box's LT OUT socket to the VCR's AERIAL IN socket , and then from the VCR;a AERIAL OUT socket to the tv set's AERIAL socket

hope this helps

Reply to
dee

Thanks, but he doesn't have a digital box. His seems to be a digital TV with the decoder *inside* the TV. I've gone to the Samsung site and the only thing I can find is (1) Wall --> ANT In on VCR (2) ANT out on VCR --> a hole that's labelled "75" on TV (It's either

75 or 7S) (3) EXT on DVD --> EXT 1 on TV (4) EXT 1 on VCR --> EXT 2 on TV

The EXTs are the scart. But the VCR don't seems to be getting any digital signals. If you have any idea, please give me a hand!

Petre

Reply to
PHuile

Hi, it seems that things has changed. He has got a new device - a Panasonic DVD Combo. But now I have another problem! I can't get the DVD to find the digital channels. I have posted another question on this subject. If you can help with this, please reply to the thread "How to set Panasonic DVD/VCR Combo to find digital channels?" I've put the details there.

Thanks a million ... I didn't think it was so hard ...

Petre

Reply to
PHuile