Panasonic PVM-2046 TV/VCR Combo

Hi, I have a Panasonic PVM-2046 TV/VCR Combo. I have lost my original Panasonic remote control. Now I need to reprogram my channels (using the Auto-Set option from the Main Menu). I was able to go to the Main Menu but was unable to go up and down so I can choose the "CH" option to auto-set. As far as I know, in order to go to different option in the Main Menu, I'll need to have my original remote control since it has the "wheel" on it which will allow me to go up and down. I called Panasonic and they told me to use PLAY/REWIND or PLAY/FF to reset the channels. But neither options do not work on my TV.

Does anyone has any idea how to go up and down in the Main Menu by not using the original remote control? I tried the Volume and the Channel buttons (with its up and down arrows) but neither will work.

Any assistance/suggestion is much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Reply to
silkunicorn

It is highly likely that you cannot do what you want without a remote. Visit a 'Mart looking for a multi-function remote. It is likely you can find one that will work...and spend no more than $US20. Read the (very) fine print on the packaging before you buy...looking for your TV/VCR model number.

Reply to
webpa