Apple throttled your iPhone by cutting its speed almost in HALF!

Bye, Felicia.

-- E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my ravenous SPAM filter. I often ignore posts from Google. Use a real news client instead.

JR

Reply to
Jolly Roger

Since you are the one who originally stated "the user experience is being impacted to mitigate the problems of a battery that is degrading prematurely in order to avoid warranty replacements", the onus is on you. So go right ahead and prove that's the case, if you can.

We'll wait...

JR
Reply to
Jolly Roger

You don't even own an iPhone.

Meanwhile I know plenty of people (including me) who use their iPhones for 3-5 years with no problem without replacing the battery. There's no evidence of a widespread defect in Apple's batteries, just like there's no evidence that the majority of them die within a year.

JR
Reply to
Jolly Roger

Because I've followed it starting with IOS 10.1 that explained what they were doing.

Reply to
BK

My wife walked into the Apple Store in Willow Grove, PA on December 28th. T hey took one look at her phone (I-6) and replaced her battery - no cost. He r complaint was that it did not hold a charge. It did not. Verizon sent her to Apple as they do not cover batteries or the physical phone itself.

Her phone two (2) years old.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Then:

  1. What's your complaint?
  2. Why are you posting to an iPhone newsgroup?
Reply to
BK

and if you are going to make an update that effects performance, don't try to keep it secret.

Reply to
makolber

Or more probably, work at 75% performance potential throughout the warranty period. Throttled from day 1 so that no degradation is applied.

This is more common than you might imagine!

Terry

Yeah, they age and the product should be designed with that in

Reply to
Terry Schwartz

?You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.?

? Daniel Patrick Moynihan

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

A better quote:

?You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your inf ormed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.?

- Harlan Ellison

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

No.

Whether the battery is brand new, or three years old, if it's in a low state of charge it could shut down under heavy processor demand.

Here are the good choices:

  1. Shut the phone down before the battery is discharged to a level that would cause an unexpected shutdown if high demand were placed on the battery. If this event occurs after an abnormally short amount of operating time, inform the user that a battery replacement is needed.

  1. Reduce performance only when the battery is discharged to a level that would cause an unexpected shutdown if high demand were placed on the battery.

  2. Give the user the option of a "battery-saver" mode that would reduce performance in order to increase the operating time.
Reply to
sms

That would needlessly reduce performance in most use. A lot of devices are now designed with thermal sensors that allow a performance level that cannot be sustained for long periods of time under certain conditions.

Reply to
sms

state of charge is not the issue. it's aging to where it can't supply peak loads anymore, even if it's at full soc.

that exists now.

that's what apple is doing (and some android makers even though they refuse to outright admit it).

that also exists now.

Reply to
nospam

Still using an old iPhone 4S with its original battery. I don't use it much. Its batttery life does suck badly (e.g., could shut it down within

30 minutes with Pokemon Go), but the key part is not to use it often and under control. Also, I keep its cellular, backaground apps, etc. in control. I wonder how much longer I can keep using it before replacing it or its battery (probably not worth it since its iOS is so old, slow, and unsupported).
--
Quote of the Week: "All good work is done the way ants do things: Little by little." --Lafcadio Hearn
  /\___/\                       Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
| |o   o| |      ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and URL/link.
   \ _ /
    ( )
Reply to
Ant

Bear in mind that Fox' Mercantile is the utter moron Snit, who is again, lamely following people around the net like the little retard child he is.

This is a moving graph of what Snit/Fox's Mercantile claimed was dB!

All Fox's Mercantile/Snit saw was a moving graph for heavens' sake.

Snit/Fox's Mercantile is *that* stupid!

Just look at this hilarious video, where he makes an utter fool of himself, and doesn't even realize that he probably the *dumbest* of all the Apple Apologists, even dumber than is Jolly Roger and Lewis (which is hard to fathom).

Proof that Snit/Fox's Mercantile is an utter moron Apple Apologist:

Snit === Fox's Mercantile

Reply to
Harry Newton

Bear in mind that Fox' Mercantile is the utter moron Snit, who is again, lamely following people around the net like the little retard child he is.

This is a moving graph of what Snit/Fox's Mercantile claimed was dB!

All Fox's Mercantile/Snit saw was a moving graph for heavens' sake.

Snit/Fox's Mercantile is *that* stupid!

Just look at this hilarious video, where he makes an utter fool of himself, and doesn't even realize that he probably the *dumbest* of all the Apple Apologists, even dumber than is Jolly Roger and Lewis (which is hard to fathom).

Proof that Snit/Fox's Mercantile is an utter moron Apple Apologist:

Snit === Fox's Mercantile

Reply to
Harry Newton

Only Apple iPhones "begin to fall apart after a year".

"Apple is knowingly designing and selling products that begin to fall apart after a year"

Reply to
Harry Newton

Classic Apple Apologists distort reason because facts shake their belief system to the core.

Saying all batteries degrade with time and use is correct, but only Apple iPhone batteries consistently fail within a year such that CPU speeds need to be halved to "prolong the life of the iPhone".

The Apple Apologists are making an analogy akin to saying all people age and die, so what does it matter if a huge number of them die within a year.

"If Apple were serious about battery life, they+IBk-d market battery replacements," instead of fighting the government to prevent the consumer from easily replacing the battery themselves.

Reply to
Harry Newton

"iPhones start slowing down after a year of use, and that+IBk-s way too soon"

I agree with your logic, rickman, but you're dealing with Apple Apologists whose very belief system is shaken off its foundations when the truth about Apple is revealed to them.

I just supplied a quote that says only Apple iPhones "begin to fall apart after a year", which is the main point. In Europe, that's within the whole-phone warranty period, and certainly within the whole-phone warranty period of the Android LG Stylo 3 Plus phones I bought over Christmas.

The point is that a year is too soon, and it only happens, en masse, with Apple, and Apple is the ONLY manufacturer who throttles the CPU with an iOS update (secretly in the past, and more openly in the future).

Basically, you must logically *halve* any benchmark for an iPhone, if you plan to own an iPhone for more than a year.

Reply to
Harry Newton