Apple throttled your iPhone by cutting its speed almost in HALF!

There?s no ?we?, I wasn?t talking to you.

JR
Reply to
Jolly Roger

False.

JR
Reply to
Jolly Roger

While the other half-dozen Apple Apologists actually believe the Orwellian doublething that 1+1=3, you simply say it without believing what you say.

You're too smart to believe that a battery that *needed* the CPU to be secretly, permanently, and drastically throttled to less than half it's performance (which Apple euphemistically calls "peak performance") is "perfectly fine".

"In other words, Apple decided on behalf of its customers that they'd prefer an iPhone that performed worse for the same amount of time, than an iPhone that performed just as well for a shorter amount of time. It's a decision that does nothing to dispel the characterization of Apple as a company that does what it can to push customers into buying new phones."

Reply to
Harold Newton

He who is Jolly Roger said on 11 Jan 2018 17:53:09 GMT:

"In other words, Apple decided on behalf of its customers that they'd prefer an iPhone that performed worse for the same amount of time, than an iPhone that performed just as well for a shorter amount of time. It's a decision that does nothing to dispel the characterization of Apple as a company that does what it can to push customers into buying new phones."

Reply to
harry newton

[...]

For SMS, "peak loads" is Apple's Orwellian doublespeak for permanently halving the CPU's possible performance.

Reply to
Harry Newton

which is why apple has taken steps to avoid that from happening.

Reply to
nospam

none that end users can run.

Reply to
nospam

I'm actually a very nice guy. I just happen to be very well educated, logical, and intelligent. Hence, we won't likely get along well.

Reply to
Harry Newton

Rickman,

I was trying to hint to you that nospam is *different* than the other half dozen fundamentalist Apple Apologists. *Jolly Roger, Lewis, nospam, BKonRamp, Savageduck, Hemidactylus, etc.*

He actually doesn't believe a thing he says (because he knows the facts and actually understands them, unlike the other Apple Apologists).

Always keep in mind that, while all half dozen of the die-hard Apple Apologists have a belief system which is vulnerable to facts, nospam actually *knows* his facts.

He simply has a propensity to flaty outright deny them.

Why? You tell me why.

Here's what he does all the time: rickman: Your equation of 1+1=3 is wrong; so it needs to be fixed. nopsam: There isn't anything to fix.

Reply to
Harry Newton

Bear in mind that 'reduced performance' (aka permanently halving the CPU speeds) is the solution that Apple came up with (secretly, of course)...

"Apple said it introduced this behavior last year, for the iPhone 6, 6S, and SE, as a way to prevent random shutdowns" of year old phones.

Bearing in mind the Orwellian doublespeak of "peak performance" really means halving the CPU speeds...

"In other words, Apple decided on behalf of its customers that they'd prefer an iPhone that performed worse for the same amount of time, than an iPhone that performed just as well for a shorter amount of time. It's a decision that does nothing to dispel the characterization of Apple as a company that does what it can to push customers into buying new phones."

Reply to
Harry Newton

For rickman, sms is NOT an Apple Apologist, so you can have a normal adult conversation with him.

To sms, the fact that the very many sudden and unexpected shutdowns in the first year of use blindsided Apple merely indicates that Apple made an eggregious design mistake that they missed in their testing procedures.

"Apple could have also avoided this issue by designing phones with bigger batteries that don't degrade as quickly."

So, the better choice, IMHO, would have been for Apple to rectify the design mistake, which may be as simple as using larger batteries for all we know.

"Apple could have designed phones that didn't need these guardrails just a year after their release."

Reply to
Harry Newton

Indeed they did! :)

"Apple intentionally pushed iOS updates, including but not limited to iOS 10 and 11 and their variants, despite knowing that the updates imposed performance demands that the phones' hardware could not meet, throttled the phones' performance, and otherwise negatively impacted the performance and utility of the phones,"

Reply to
Harry Newton

I doubt that.

I doubt that even more.

This is the image I get from you.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

And Apple's customers appreciate it. Meanwhile trolls like you can't stand it, which is why you are here in the Apple newsgroups trolling about it to begin with.

JR
Reply to
Jolly Roger

Apple didn't say anything even close to that silly claim, and you haven't provided anything but blogger opinion pieces devoid of factual information to back it up.

JR
Reply to
Jolly Roger

Blogger opinion pieces devoid of facts aren't evidence of a widespread battery failure in under a year. Anyone who has owned an iPhone for longer than a year know you're full of shit.

JR
Reply to
Jolly Roger

That's why you troll the Apple newsgroups incessantly attacking complete strangers and switching nyms to avoid filtering. That's what "nice guys" do. Momma must be so proud.

You're a delusional old man who gets his only kicks antagonizing complete strangers due to an irrational and obsessive hatred for Apple.

There's the first fact you've ever uttered in this thread.

JR
Reply to
Jolly Roger

Facts don't undermine my belief system like they do yours.