APC UPS Repair

Looking for Eastar 430-0002 transformer. Anyone point me in the right direction?

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Art
< Top-posting corrected. Please don't top-post on Usenet newsgroups! See this link for the reason why...

Absolutely correct, unless it's batteries or option cards you're ordering. APC is one of the most hostile companies towards user self- maintenance I've ever had the misfortune to come across.

If I were shopping for a new UPS, I would probably not choose APC for that very reason. I would probably look at Powerware (formerly Best Power Products) at

The only other source I could think of would be to find a 'donor' unit. Are you sure the transformer is bad, though? They don't die very often.

Happy hunting.

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"
Reply to
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

Find an equivalent model on ebay that has another problem.

Reply to
dkuhajda

supplier.

The power lines feeding our shop is notorious for crappy power. The transformer that appears to supply the voltage to run the control board is the one that is fried. The 120V side coil(s) is (are) open.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

How big is the UPS? These things are pretty cheap.

You might want to track down a whole house spike suppressor and add it to your system.

NSM

I'd replace the entire UPS and recommend a Powercom UPS. Their site is

They have one that runs for 70 minutes during an outage. They're even cheaper if you order through Cyberguys.com ($179USD). Batterys need changing every 9 yrs. but this is easy. Connects to a computer (RS232, aka Serialport) and includes auto-shutdown software. Also great for keeping VCRs set. You may be able to use it to watch a movie during an outage (find other source of power for TV, deguass will burn out the transformer like what happened here, TV may function improperly...)

Reply to
nvic

If possible, get them to remove the battery and ship the unit without....

Shipping is expensive. Batteries are relatively cheap (and heavy) and it's likely to need replacing anyway.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

I've actually got two APC smart ups 1400's where the batterys are good, unit won't power on. If anyone has any idea I would like to try to get these units working.

--Ron

Reply to
Ron

APC sells refurbished units online (to US customers only). I think they have a trade in program too so you might be able to send in a defective one and purchase a refurbished unit for not a whole lot of difference. I hope this link works as it is a little bit difficult to find it from their home page.

Mac