Black OSD on Zenith TVSD1320

I have a little tv/vcr combo on the bench that has black text for the OSD. Resultantly, the menu (which has a black background) is unreadable. Otherwise the set is fine. Never seen this before - anyone got any ideas? Seems like it mighta been a known issue so I thought I'd chuck it into the forum before I started picking at it...

TIA

Kevin

Reply to
DeEvolutio

Maybe a Bad EPROM? They can be damaged in multiple ways and some can be weird. It could be anything that could damage the EPROM, from bad tuners to EMPs.

Reply to
nvic