reliable wristwatches

Hello, Forgive if this is an incorrect forum for this... but I was wondering what people suggested for inexpensive wristwatch brands.

We're looking at timex, casio, etc. Can anyone post their experiences with these brands or point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Reply to
curious

JeffM

JeffM

I myself found the Timex to be the best for time accuracy compared to most of the others. As for gadgets, the Casio was very good. As for the lifespan and durability, they are both about the same.

I personally wear a Timex most of the time when I am working. They are low in cost to replace. For the price, I can buy a new one at any time. An average Timex costs much less than our average family shopping bill. The others are a bit more costly, but are also not expensive.

--

Greetings,

Jerry G.
=====

"curious"  wrote in message
Hello,
Forgive if this is an incorrect forum for this...
but I was wondering what people suggested for
inexpensive wristwatch brands.

We're looking at timex, casio, etc. Can anyone
post their experiences with these brands or point
me in the right direction?

Thanks
Reply to
Jerry G.

==============================

I bought a Casio 2524 five months ago and it's been the most accurate watch that I've ever had (and the easiest to set.

Cost me $20

Jack

Reply to
J. Yazel

I like the Timex Expedition. It has analog and digital displays, alarm functions, and can handle two time zones.

I usually have local time on the analog display and the date on the digital display. When out of my home time zone, I have the local time on the analog display and home time on the digital display. (Don't call the US when it's 8PM in London ;-)

More about me:

VB3/VB6/C/PowerBasic source code:
Freeware for the Palm with NS Basic source code:
Drivers for Pablo graphics tablet and JamCam cameras:
johnecarter at@at mindspring dot.dot com. Fix the obvious to reply by email.

Reply to
the Wiz

I have found several watches in garage sales and swap meets for a dollar or less. They usually all work and just need a new $2 battery. My current watch is a little (50 cent) Casio (with hands) that is tied to my key ring.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden