Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Sound on PCM 5820 (Geode)
Nevemind! I did "sb=0x220,5,1,5" and it works now.
1
1

Linux for Palm m505 PDA
Hi all, I have a M505 Palm PDA and wanna install Linux [or any other UNIX-based] OS on it. Could anyone help me on this? I use RedHat 9 at home but looked forward any Linux distro. for Palm PDA, but I...
4
4

uCLinux on Samsung S3C4510B (ARM7TDMI) based wireless router
I need to warn you all first.. I am completely, Linux ignorant (outside of being able to navigate around a bash shell a little bit)... I apologize, but I haven't had the time or the real need to...
5
5

inb & outb woes...
I'm trying to write a short program that will display/modify I/O ports depending on the number of command line args... this is for a PC104 board I'm tinkering with. It's not working as expected and I...
4
4

Re: Have ext3 on SanDisk CF but can't disable write-back caching as kernel instructs
This post was probably refused because it *looks* like you're asking for free technical support on a commercial product -- they probably felt that you should hire a consultant. Just a guess. How about...
36
36

mcf5282 uclinux
Hi all, I was trying to compile uClinux kernel onto MCF5282 from Motorola M68 coldfire series. I took binaries of tool chain from the site and started compiling the kernel. I am everytime getting...

Linux+PDA
Hallo all, I am a new Linux enthusiast using it in my projects and university work. I am so much interested that I also want to start some work on PDA`s. I was going around the web and found that...
5
5

Problem rebooting the AMD SC520.
Hi, We are currently running Linux (Red Hat 6.2) on a card with AMD SC520. We use rolo to boot a 2.2.12 kernel and everything works quite good, except for rebooting the card. When I run the Linux...
1
1

Linux on M9328MX1ADS
Hi, We have been trying to get linux running on the above ads board. We can flash the bootloader, which works fine. We can also flash the kernal & root file system images using the bootloader. When we...
4
4

problem with automount usb-flash
Hi All, i have much trouble to get the autofs to work in my embedded system. My system is an linux 2.4.18 running at a cf-card. The kernel has compiled as monolithic (?), means no modules, all is...
7
7

Problem with program doing serial communication under Cygwin
Dear colleages, I have written a command-line program that uses the serial port (TTYS0) for communication with an embedded device. I need to port this program to Windows, so I tried to compile it...
1
1

html viewer/parser
Hi! I'm looking for a small, portable GPL-based html parser or viewer to run on the embedded linux (uClinux or eCos). All what I need is display html files on the LCD screen. :) Any suggestions will...
2
2

Which distro install on a 64MB Hard Disk ?
I'd like to install a minimal distro on a x86 based PC/104 board with 64MB Disk On Module My minimal requrements are: 1. Bootloader (LILO/Grub) 2. Kernel 2.4.x 3. ext2 or ext3 root Filesystem 4...
1
1

Simplest MCU or SOC for linux
I think the simplest 32-bit core that can run Linux with MMU is the ARM7-based MCUs. Am I correct? And where can I get such MCUs and SOCs for educational and experimental purposes. Performance is not...

arm linux with gdb
Hello, I am trying to cross-compile the latest gdb(5.3) for the arm, but I am stuck. Before I put any further effort into this issue my question: Is there a pre-build version of the latest gdb(5.3)...
5
5