USB SL811 and serial devices FTDI SIO or PL2303

I'm using x86 kernel 2.4.20 and a embedded USB host controller SL811 from Cypress.

I have two serial adapters, used with drivers FTDI SIO and Prolific PL2303. These drivers have the following problems: I can only transmit data CR and LF can not send as raw I can not receive any data or control signals (CTS, DCD) After insert, I see some "usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout" If I remove hardware, drivers crashed with NULL pointer

The loades drivers for USB: pl2303 9784 0 usbserial 17544 0 [pl2303] hc_sl811 12636 0 (unused) usbcore 55040 1 [pl2303 usbserial hc_sl811]

The same serial driver driver on my desktop have the same probem.

Hardware is OK. System works fine with USB-Floppy and memory sticks. I can insert and remove, mount and umount and all other things.

Anybody works with this USB ore serial devices on USB controller? Who has some suggestions?

Henry Nestler

--------------------------------------- SSV SOFTWARE SYSTEMS GmbH Heisterbergallee 72 D-30453 Hannover

Phone: +49(0)511/40 000-0 Fax: +49(0)511/40 000-40 Email: snipped-for-privacy@ist1.de

---------------------------------------

Reply to
H.Nestler

nope, pl2303 is unfinished and unpolished driver at the moment.I've make some remake few days ago and it works like a charm...I think that I'll post changes to pl2303 author so it can be included in next kernel releases.

Reply to
zeljko

Hello Marco!

I'm happy, so I hop it's not my base drivers error. Can you send me your actual drivers for Prolific PL2303 ?

Best reagrds, Henry

Henry Nestler

--------------------------------------- SSV SOFTWARE SYSTEMS GmbH Heisterbergallee 72 D-30453 Hannover

Phone: +49(0)511/40 000-0 Fax: +49(0)511/40 000-40 Email: snipped-for-privacy@ist1.de

--------------------------------------- "zeljko" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bfhl>

from

post

Reply to
H.Nestler

Thanks yinah !

Old driver makes a lot of interrupts, if device is inserted and loso, if not inserted. This do the Bulk/Timeout on serial and other devices. (I think)

I have found a driver sl811.o for kernel 2.4.22 and downpatch this into

2.4.20, add somthing for ARM and x86 architecture. The Alternate driver now support isochornous mode and more effective than hc_sl811.o.

ftp://ssv-embedded.de/ssv/products/board/usb1104/linux-2.4.20-usb-20030923.p atch.gz

Henry

Reply to
H.Nestler