Linux for Palm m505 PDA

Hi all,

I have a M505 Palm PDA and wanna install Linux [or any other UNIX-based] OS on it. Could anyone help me on this?

I use RedHat 9 at home but looked forward any Linux distro. for Palm PDA, but I didn't found any. I have the Serial-Cable also.

thanks,

--
Behnam.Esfahbod [ http://esfahbod.info | behnam@esfahbod.info ]
Reply to

All I know is that it's possible to run uClinux on the Dragonball based Palms and indeed the uClinux homepage has a link to a port. I suppose you can find some instructions on how to put it in your Palm. Better try it in the emulator first.

You do realize that there's practically no Linux software for the Palm? That you may be on your own even for very basic things, like drawing stuff on the screen and getting input from the buttons and touch screen?

Reply to
Anssi Saari

I have a Palm m105 can I install Linux on it ????

Reply to
Gurmeet

I've seen linux running on the old Palm IIIs, however, I'm not sure if the 505 has the same processor, or if anyone has ported it to that arch. As far as I know, once you get linux onto a palm, there's not many tools to get it usable as a PDA anymore. no drivers for the touch-screen etc.

i could be wrong though, so good luck googling anyway :)

Damion de Soto - Software Engineer  email:     damion@snapgear.com
SnapGear ---                           ph:         +61 7 3435 2809
  | Custom Embedded Solutions          fax:         +61 7 3891 3630
  | and Security Appliances            web: http://www.snapgear.com~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reply to
Damion de Soto

Just went and visited the Zaurus web site, impressive.

--
Marc, No comment
Reply to