Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ideal Linux Distribution for Microcontrollers?
Which Linux Distribution is the best for microcontrollers?
2
2

interface with sound card driver
hi guys, my new project is involved in interfacing with a sound card driver in linux. can somebody refer me sites or references or tutorial that can help me in doing my project? hope you can help me...
3
3

Re: Which VME based SBCs actually work and run linux?
I would recommend BlueCat 4.0 from LynuxWorks on a Thales VMPC6a (VME w/PPC750). Everything worked right out of the box!

embedded web server to buy?
I am looking for a small, low-power, quiet embedded web server that hopefully supports dynamic dns. Any thing out there I can buy? Thanks, Jason
3
3

Is there any E-book/Tutorial introducing to Embedded Systems and/or Embeddedd Linux...
Cause I am a total beginner in this field, i would be very happy about a good Ebook or Tutorial about Embedded Systems. It would be nice, if you post some advices. Thx
1
1

glibc 2.3.2 vs 2.1.3: increased memory usage
Hi all, We're developing a STB with Geode+Sigma chips. We are currently porting our applications from gcc 2.95.3 + libc 2.1.3 to gcc 3.3 + libc 2.3.2 the good news is that the executable sizes...

Re: Where can I download / purchase NTE?
You would want to look for both licenses to NT 4.0, with SP 5 or 6, as a development station, and then the Embedded NT development kit, with Target Designer and Component Designer. You would use these...
2
2

Hi resolution in ARM based processors.
Hi. I would like to know if somebody has tried to use ARM based processors LCD controllers (such as Xscale, Omap or DragonBall) at higher than VGA resolutions (800x600 and 1024x768). From my...

PeeWeeLinux 0.61 with glibc 2.2.5 on PC/104. Problems with libc.so.6
Hi I'm currently trying to port a PeeWeeLinux 0.61, a Java Runtime Environment IBM-Java2-JRE-1.3.1 and a Tomcat Webserver to a PC/104 board. IBM-Java2-JRE-1.3.1 requires at least glibc 2.2.4. I've...
3
3

Passing modules parameters
I'm working on a device driver under Linux 2.2.13. I have some parameters defined and want to pass the values when doing the insmod. I did some thing as follow: insmod driver.o param1=xx added a line...

Re: Eval-kit for student
> I'm in the market for a reasonably priced (

devices inode???
Hi, I am a newbie for Linux. I was reading a linux device drivers book. I was raeading about character devices and network interfaces. It was told that unlike character/block devices which has a...
2
2

Re: SIRF Chipset with ARM and linux?
If it's ARM it will be able to run arm-linux Could you please clarify 'SIRF' ? Cheers
3
3

GPL vs. NDA dilemma
Here's a possible dilemma... Let's say I work as a contractor modifying the Linux kernel (or any GPL source) for companies who require me to sign NDAs. Then I would give them the binaries and modified...
24
24

Linux support for PC/104 PROFIBUS-DP (master/slave 12Mb/s) and INTERBUS controllers
Hi, we are in the process of porting our QNX based fieldbus drivers/APIs and SoftPLC targets to LINUX. What target is most interesting RTAI-LINUX or standard LINUX?? BTW, our PROFIBUS-DP configurator...
1
1