Linux+PDA

Hallo all, I am a new Linux enthusiast using it in my projects and university work. I am so much interested that I also want to start some work on PDA`s. I was going around the web and found that Zaurus was the best for Linux. But I was thinking a comercial PDA which I can dual boot and use both easy features of a modern PDa and experiment with Linux. Does anybody here have some ideas or comments?

Will be waiting for the posts

Thanx Giri

Reply to
news.t-online.de

I use the compaq/Hp IPAQ series. I'm not sure that they have sufficient resources to allow a dual boot environment, but they run Linux fairly well (they are all xscale/arm based), are reasonably expandable, and most of the models are less expensive, as they are starting to age a bit. Neil

Reply to
Neil Horman

work

for

both

here

Reply to
news.t-online.de

Although I don't own one, I have a very close friend that has a Zaurus. I have used it many times, and I think it is the best thing that ever came to the PDA market.

I don't know about dual booting, but the environment is excellent and the quality of the display and stylus are superb.

Just my two cents, but if you can get it, choose the Zaurus.

Brook Keele

Reply to
Brook Keele

Hehe... The Zaurus _is_ a modern PDA, and it's running Linux when you first get it and turn it on! ;^)

For all the specs, see:

For development community, see:

[ seems to be down, at the moment ] "#zaurus" IRC channel on irc.freenode.net

For docs and HOWTOs, see:

For software, see:

There are literally tons of other links and documentation online about the thing, too... But this should get you started.

-bill!

William Kendrick

Regarding development the Zaurus and the Linux iPAQs are identical. The iPAQs are multi boot capable, the Z is not.

See

and
(german) as well as
(international) for details.

Oliver

Oliver Fels
Feed manager/Coordination
Project OPIE- the Open Palmtop Integrated Environment
http://opie.handhelds.org | http://www.opie.info (german)
IRC: irc.freenode.net #opie #opie.de
Reply to
Oliver Fels