Re: Sound on PCM 5820 (Geode)

Nevemind!

I did "sb=0x220,5,1,5" and it works now.

Hello all, > > I am trying to get sound to work on my Advantech embedded board. It has a > Geode GX1 with CX5530 chipset. I have compiled SB16 support in the kernel > and pass sb=,,, on the command line on bootup. In my > case, this is "sb=220,5,1,5" (according the BIOS). However, this does not > appear to work. Can someone please help me with this? Are there > alternatives to using the SB16 driver? > > Thanks. > > > > > >
Reply to
Sumit Birla

Hi Sumit and everyone out there who might be trying to get sound working on the 5820-- I got it working as well. Nothing special, just use the standard sb modules. Here's my lsmod output:

Module Size Used by Not tainted sb 7604 1 (autoclean) sb_lib 34318 0 (autoclean) [sb] uart401 6500 0 (autoclean) [sb_lib] sound 54740 1 (autoclean) [sb_lib uart401] soundcore 3428 4 (autoclean) [sb_lib sound]

/etc/modules.conf:

alias sound sb alias sound-slot-0 sb

Soundcard section of /etc/modules.devfs (you shouldn't need to edit this 'cos it's auto-generated at bootup):

# Soundcard alias /dev/sound sound-slot-0 alias /dev/audio /dev/sound alias /dev/mixer /dev/sound alias /dev/dsp /dev/sound alias /dev/dspW /dev/sound alias /dev/midi /dev/sound

Don't bother with the Geode-specific drivers from Nat Semi unless you want to do something special. I wasted too much time on trying to build and install them.

Dan.

Reply to
Daniel