Windowing/browser recommendations?

We'd like to run a web browser on an embedded Linux
platform (ARM). Does anyone have recommendations
which windowing platform and browsers to use? We'll
probably have a fair amount of RAM (let's say upwards
of 32MB) and flash but no disk. Display will be NTSC.

Thanks,
Andrew

Re: Windowing/browser recommendations?

Konqueror or Boa

Re: Windowing/browser recommendations?
Hi!

Boa, a web browser???
And I don't think the OP will fit the KDE libs into 32MB... either ;-)
Even if konqi runs w/o KWM it is still a huge resource hug.

Perhaps lynx or w3m? (if text is ok). Or minimo if a little space for
minimum GTK is available?

Salut, Jrg

--
gpg/pgp key # 0xe40a9d7a
fingerprint d4f8 b448 835b 7bcf 4161  ce35 7e8b ab47 e40a 9d7a

Re: Windowing/browser recommendations?

Oops, my fault: Boa is a web server.

Please see Konqueror/embedded
Bye

Re: Windowing/browser recommendations?

Konqueror Embedded runs with qt/embedded.

Oliver Fels
Re: Windowing/browser recommendations?

This one ("Links") looks interesting:

http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~clock/twibright/links /.

According to the web site, it can even run on plain SVGAlib,
so it should be able to run on very low resources.

I haven't tried it myself, though. If you give it a try,
please do let us know how it went.

Rob

--
Robert Kaiser                     email: rkaiser AT sysgo DOT com
SYSGO AG                          http://www.elinos.com

Andrew

Re: Windowing/browser recommendations?

If you are looking for a windowing environment *and* a web browser, I can
suggest Opie (Open Palmtop Integrated Enviromment).
Based on qt/embedded, runs directly on the framebuffer and can be customized
for your specific purpose. Opie is open source and free.

Oliver
Oliver Fels