Linux on M9328MX1ADS

We have been trying to get linux running on the above ads board. We
can flash the bootloader, which works fine. We can also flash the
kernal & root file system images using the bootloader. When we try and
boot the kernel however the bootloader sits in a loop, trying to boot
the kernel.

We have tried both the 0.3.2 & 0.3.4 BSP's advailable on Motorolas
website, but they all seem to do the same thing. Has anyone got any
advice?

It is a Rev F board if it makes any difference.

Cheers

Jonathan Roberts

Re: Linux on M9328MX1ADS
Hi Jonathan,

Which Linux are you using ?
Which BSP ? are you using Embedix ? or a CodeWarrior Creation Suite ?

Regards,

Stephane

Re: Linux on M9328MX1ADS

We have tried the ones here....

http://apspg.motorola.com/products/elinux/index.asp

and here..

http://e-www.motorola.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=M9328MX1ADS

But they all end in the same result ie the bootloader just loops.

Thanks

Jonathan

Re: Linux on M9328MX1ADS
Hi  Jonathan,

You know this board is fairly new.
I don't know if eLinux is working properly on this board...

What you can do is to have a look on another Booloader
Have a look on
http://www.metrowerks.com/MW/Develop/Embedded/Linux/BSPs/DragonBallMX1.htm

Code Warrior creation Suite, needs to use a Bootloader. As they mention on
the link they recommend to use BLOB
That you can find on http://www.sourceforge.net
That Metrowerks use in order to use Embedix (which belongs to Motorola !!)

When you purchased the board, did you get some technical support ?

Regards,

Stephane

http://e-www.motorola.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=M9328MX1ADS

Re: Linux on M9328MX1ADS
Ok,
The problem is now solved.It was the supplied power supply. It was
putting out ~1.8v rather than 3v, which seems to have been not quite
enough to run the board properly!

Jonathan

Site Timeline