htpasswd / Synology

Hello,

I have a web server in my DS 101 Synology. The .htaccess is ok, but I
the authentification fails with the .htpasswd file (crypted with my
Debian Sarge 3.1).

How can I have a good crypted password (in fact, where can I find a
useful tool to crypt passwords for my Synology)?

Regards,
Francois

--
Francois A.
_________

Re: htpasswd / Synology
Hello,

I think apache should have a tool called "htpasswd", I found two manpages
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/programs/htpasswd.html (Apache 1.3)
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/programs/htpasswd.html (Apache 2.0)
You could compile this tool for your target machine and let it crypt by
itself; because if you crypt the passwords on the same machine, it should
work under all circumstances.

http://www.gaijin.at/olshtcrypt.php is a web-based crypter, usable for some
simple passwords...
http://www.smartwebdesign.ch/services/passwd.php same goes here, including
the user name.
Here you can crypt passwords and compare them against your own. Maybe your
crypt on Debian is somewhat broken.

Hope this helps;
Regards,
Sebastian

Re: htpasswd / Synology
Hello ,

   If you place your .htpasswd file, which is not under web root
location, that is a good enough security/the best security. You need to
update your .htaccess accordingly with the new location!

Best Regards,
Vivekanandan m

Site Timeline