New embedded web server

I'm looking for help on a new open source embedded web server. Developers, testers and documenters are very welcome.

I previously coded the GoAhead embedded Web server that has been quite widely deployed, but I wanted to create a next generation architecture that would serve as a basis for products for the next many years to come. A new design that would be highly secure in the face of the current security climate. This new version, called AppWeb is designed to be secure from the start, strong on features and yet is very modular and easy to embed. It is single or multithreaded, written in C++, supports service side javascript, dynamic content generation, SSL, dynamically loadable modules, has apache compatible configuration, and is a quite bit faster than Apache.

I have released a version 0.8 that is pretty solid, and I'm now ready to expand the team. The goal is to create an embedded web server that does not have the limitations of past/existing designs. One that is highly secure, very fast, rich in features yet modular and embeddable.

Please visit the site and email me if you can help.

Michael O'Brien snipped-for-privacy@mbedthis.com

Reply to
Michael O'Brien