Qusestion: about path of .htpasswd for thttpd web server

Dear all,

I am tring thttpd web server in ARM9+uClinux, and find a problem:

I put my web pages under /home/httpd, and put .htpasswd ifle under /home/httpd, the authorization of thttpd work well.

In my system requirment, I should put .htpasswd under a R/W directory but a R directory, such as /home, After a user login web server, the user can change the user:password.

When I put the authorization file .htpasswd under /etc/.htpasswd, the authorizaiton of thttpd does't not work at all.

According the manual of thttpd shows .htpasswd should be found under a local directory, My question is :

Can I put my .htpasswd under /etc or /var and put web pages under /home/httpd ?

Reply to
Ken