Synology DS-101

I've been playing with a Synology DS-101 Disk Station recently. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to hack into the unit (ie get a console up) with root access.

As it is, the unit is very limited in its capabilities. However, if it can be hacked and extended, it would make a really nice headless linux box.

I found a little bit of stuff about it thru google and only came up with a little bit of stuff in German (not much use to an Aussie).

Cheers Mike

Reply to
Mike Hansford