how to select whihc is better embedded Linux OS for MPC82xx processor?

Guys:

We are going with MPC82xx processor based hardware, can somebody
suggest how to select which is better embedded OS for this hardware,
what are the main factors we can see to select this OS, appreciated
for inputs. Thanks.

GS.

Re: how to select whihc is better embedded Linux OS for MPC82xx processor?

you can use montavista embedded Linux.
It already has MPC82xx support.

Re: how to select whihc is better embedded Linux OS for MPC82xx processor?
Any idea what is the response time, also howmuch memory footprint it
occupies to select Flash size, also can we go jffs2 or yaffs based
file system, anotherthings is any royalties per unit sold (we might
these units to some customers as reference design - any rolalty they
have to pay when they buy this unit).

Thanks,
GS.

Site Timeline