Embedded Linux platform for robotic

Hello,

We are planing to develop a new 32bit controller for robotic systems based on Linux. Required Features are real time support, CAN and Ethernet. The MPC5200 from Freescale on a Board from Phytec seams perfect. Has somebody experience with Linux and this Processor? Is it easy to implement and are all Features supported under Linux? Or has somebody a suggestion on a similar Processor with is better supported under Linux?

Best regards, Syed Amer Gilani

---------------------------------------- Systec Electronic and Software GmbH motion control and industrial automation

---------------------------------------- Nottulner Landweg 90

48161 Muenster - Germany Telefon: 0 25 34-80 01-70 Telefax: 0 25 34-80 01-77
Syed Amer Gilani

yes.

easy is relative, and no, not ALL features are supported under linux. For instance wireless support for PPC linux blows.

Reply to
noone

How about this???

I haven't used it yet, but it seems like a reasonable starting point for robotics endeavors.

-John

Reply to
john.orlando