Embedded OS and Java Application

Hello !

I need to create an embedded application on an embedded OS.
This application will be written in Java and will use a JRE 1.5
The application GUI must take a good look and feed.

I think I can opt for Embedded Linux. But which Linux do I need ?
(Linux, BSD, RTOS) ?

the real-time is not used.

Input devices are: penpad, virtual keyboard, tactile screen.
Networking with 10 / 100 / 1000 (Wifi, BLuetooth)

Which Linux distribution embedded is used to make this ?
How do you upload the OS and the application on the new ?
Which IDE can I use for dvelopping  ? (Eclipse, other)

Do you have an hardware list ?
What kind of licences are used ?

Thanks a lot
Regards,