OT: Canada Agrees to be Missile Target

funny, but it is sadly true that the US has cosied up to some right bastards. The school of the americas (havent they changed the name now?) is not exactly something to be proud of. Mind you, neither is bloody sunday, apartheid south africa, Aussies treatment of abbos, the Taranaki land wars (see below)....lets face it, humans aint that nice, and

*never* have been.

the Taranaki land wars are an interesting piece of NZ history. Taranaki Maori didnt want to sell their highly fertile land, so (IIRC) the NZ company convinced parliament to pass a law declaring the lands of outlaws forfeit, then declared them outlaws and proceeded to (attempt to) take the land by force. A very sneaky trick. Unhappily for the brits, the Maori had guns by this stage, so it didnt go as well as planned. They dont teach this in History in NZ schools though.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

My mistake, NKorea has modified IRT-2000s and their own clone of the UK Calder Hall reactor.

RL

Reply to
legg

You've been reading too much Chomsky. Stay away from those MIT types.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I read in sci.electronics.design that Spehro Pefhany wrote (in ) about 'OT: Canada Agrees to be Missile Target', on Thu, 3 Mar 2005:

I think the same red tape applies here. Brussels, you know. You could send me an air ticket instead, but in fact I expect to be in Toronto at the beginning of June, so I can do my own testing.

John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that John Larkin wrote (in ) about 'OT: Canada Agrees to be Missile Target', on Thu, 3 Mar

2005:

I have it on excellent authority that Eve was US Citizen, and she got us thrown out of Eden!

John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that legg wrote (in ) about 'OT: Canada Agrees to be Missile Target', on Fri, 4 Mar 2005:

I hope it's an exact clone, so that it sets fire to the graphite moderator.

John Woodgate

Lies! All lies! She was French!

--
Cyber stalking is a crime!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

John- if you have time available, perhaps we could get together. If I can be of any assistance, please ask.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I read in sci.electronics.design that Spehro Pefhany wrote (in ) about 'OT: Canada Agrees to be Missile Target', on Fri, 4 Mar 2005:

Sounds interesting. The thing is, that I am scheduled to spend most of May outside UK at IEC meetings, so by June 1 I expect not to be human. You might have to feed me through the bars!

John Woodgate

Chomsky is a hoot; he's listened to his own fatheaded twaddle for so long that he's grown exponentially loony. Somebody just did some experiments that prove that one of his pet linguistic theories (that language skill is a necessary portal to mathematics) is hogwash. What a Moore-On.

John

It would be a pleasure. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Well, the cold war *is* over.

I think things are slowly getting better.

John

No, you're just incapable of staying on topic.

RL

Reply to
legg

Ah, yet another evil perpetrated by the American barbarians. I don't know how you sophisticates tolerate such outrages.

John

Oh those silly Canadians! For some reason they can't see the value in lavishing scores of billions of dollars on their military, in order to set up a system that's never been shown to work, to protect against a danger that doesn't exist.

Instead they spend money on their people, bringing them great services and a working health system.

Oh why can't they be more like us! (who are just as safe--there being no danger--AND have the precious freedom to be uninsured).

Leonard

--
"Everything that rises must converge"
--Flannery O'Connor

True, it has not been shown to work. No no one has launched a missle at us, yet. Note that it's still in development. Yes, it's a hard problem. Impossible? Only an idiot would believe such.

Your guess. If it's wrong...

For small values of "working".

Of course they don't have to pony up. We'll protect Canuckistan, if only by accident.

--
  Keith
Reply to