OT: Canada Agrees to be Missile Target

Canada has recently decided to withdraw from the North American Missile Defense Agreement.

Today, Paul Martin, the Prime Minister of Canada, has declared we (the USA) will have to ask permission before shooting down missiles (for example, originating from North Korea) over Canadian airspace.

Bwahahahahaha!

With what army will PM Martin be enforcing such a ludicrous statement?

Seems Canada's principal worry should be whether the Koreans are sufficiently competent to CLEAR Canadian airspace!

Bye, bye, Toronto ;-)

...Jim Thompson

So every political statement that our prime minister makes has to be enforced with a point of a gun? "Yeah, lets shoot a round over their bow to see if they are friendly"

Korea is not your problem. It is you WANT for an enemy that is the problem.

I see that you are cooking with wine again Jim.

--

    Boris Mohar
Reply to

"Roger, Canada, we'll get back to you on that request."

John

Actually there is little in Toronto worth the cost of a nuclear warhead. Still, we already know that these ragheaded desert rats can't comprehend simply logic. After all, the dumb bastards just blew up 120 or so of their brethren in Bagdad yesterday, so go figure.

My simple solution would be to put out a little bait for these terrorist, and once they have congregated in mass, nuke the whole place. We missed our golden opportunity to do this with Fallujah, but other opportunities will likely surface.

Harry C.

Reply to
hhc314

I just love it when sissies try to talk tough, Martin must be French ;-)

"It is you WANT for an enemy that is the problem." I think it's YOU who are cooking with wine.

Though today is my "un-birthday", I have not yet begun to "cook" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Since a "shot down" missile would probably land on Canada those Canucks better get started on an "anti-anti-missile-missile" system.

Reply to
Dave

That was my point exactly. Makes you wonder how PM Martin's brain works, if at all, by bowing out of the mutual defense agreement.

...Jim Thompson

Considering the consistent failures of tests of the 'missle shield', this is probably a prudent move. No telling where some 'anti-missle' will land, or what airliner it'll decide to take out. The thing would probably do more damage when it goes out of control than some imaginary korean nuke would ever do.

Regards,
   Robert Monsen

"Your Highness, I have no need of this hypothesis."
     - Pierre Laplace (1749-1827), to Napoleon,
        on why his works on celestial mechanics make no mention of God.
Reply to
Robert Monsen

The subject was missiles

--but don't let that get in the way of a good tantrum.

Reply to
JeffM

:Since a "shot down" missile would probably land on Canada :those Canucks better get started :on an "anti-anti-missile-missile" system. : Dave :

Yeah, and it facinates me when Hawks talk about "Missle Defense":

*If* the Patriot has ever destroyed a booster, http://216.239.63.104/search?q=cache:SEVKodRyajAJ:
's-intercept-rate+zero-+*-average-*-three-interceptors-*-*-*-*-Scud the warhead was left intact to impact near the original target.

The only time those boys can hit something in the South Pacific is when they rig the test.

JeffM

Wrong Way Corrigan's ghost may still be with us. That way the missle will destroy Lower California. Vincenti Fox will be a little pissed!! JLS

Reply to
John Stewart

We can only hope ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Not withdraw, just not actively join in, other than through NORAD. Apparently it will make no practical difference in any case.

P.M. Martin currently heads a "minority government", meaning that he has to be unusually sensitive to the wishes of the electorate. His government would likely have fallen had he tried to ram such an unpopular program through. Public opposition to participation is 3 to

2 in English Canada and 3 to 1 in Quebec. Democracy can be like that.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Jim,

I respect you and I like you.

But sometimes you are a twitt :-p

Cheers!

-- Gregg "t3h g33k"

*Ratings are for transistors, tubes have guidelines*
Reply to
Gregg

Why don't you take your lunatic fringe political BS to the appropriate newsgroup?!

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

You know that they won't divert funds from their "Inter City Beer Missile" program.

--
Beware of those who post from srvinet.com!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Do you mean they closed Rafael's burgers?

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Maybe he sees it as publicly painting a target on his chest. Without an agreement the US and Canada can do what they want even if it is the same thing that the agreement spelled out.

Canada did not support the war in Iraq but Canadian troops went over when the US deployed its troops. I think they sent 2 boy scouts and a Jeep or in other words about 1/3 of their standing forces.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Than is not even a sentence. I rest my case --

Boris Mohar

Reply to
Boris Mohar

When did Alaska revert back to CANADA ! North Korea is behind Alaska, on a Great Circle Route to Seattle, San Diego, Boston, Miami and all points in between ! WE Canadians are just Co-lateral Damage

I am following Steve Fosset's Flight on my World Globe, so this is just a little side research. The old DEW line is pointed in the wrong direction, so is Colorado Springs obsolete too ! and so too the "North American Missile Defense Agreemet ! Just goes to show the quality of research being done on Missile Defence .

Yukio YANO

John Lark> >

Reply to
Yukio YANO