Connecting FM radio pigtail antenna to TV Cable - Sweet Success

I have a new FM/CD radio system that has an internal AM antenna and a 'pigtail' wire antenna for FM but no external antenna connections. I am in a dead area and receive no FM stations off air. I do, however, have many FM stations on the TV cable.

I asked for advice here on how to connect the radio antenna to the cable. Based on the advice received I obtained a cable-to-flat wire antenna transformer, attached one of the flat wires to chassis ground and connected the other to the anntenna wire. Mindfull of radiating from the pigtail antenna, I shortened it as much as I dared and shielded it from the set to the transformer.

I now get about 25 wonderful stations. Many thanks to all who replied.

Many thanks,

Erid

Reply to
RubEric