Xilinx : Incorrect PACE file generation from schematic

Hi all,

I am using Xilinx 9.2i schematic entry to design a simple clock circuit. The schematic uses come components that i wrote and i have added a counter from xilinx library. WHen i implement the design and fit it is ok, but when i assign package pins using PACE, i only see the inputs/outputs of the counter and not of the whole design.

The target is a Coolrunner2 CPLD.

Can someone explain to me whats happening. This is the first time i am mixing my entities with Xilinx built in components.

Thanks a lot

Joseph

Reply to
Joseph

Joseph, please make sure you're compiling the top level and not just the actual counter. This can happen if you have selected the counter file (ie. xco) and hit the implement button. Check the *.xst logs to see what's xst taking as a top level.

HTH,

-P@

Reply to
PatC