Xess' XSA-50 Audio Playback / SDRAM

Hi All,

Im trying to get audio playback from an XSA-50 and XST2 using the example code from the Xess website ("Audio project for the XSV Board (Univ. of Queensland)")

The only problem is, that particular example project uses an Xess board that has SRAM (The XSA-50 has SDRAM).

No problem... just substitute the SDRAM controller example (also from the Xess website) and incorporate it into the design, right?

Wrong!!!! At least for me.

Im new to all this, so I try as I may, I cant get it to synthesize. If anyone thinks they might be able to see whats wrong, I can email you the modified "audiotop.vhd, player.vhd, recorder.vhd, sdramcntl.vhd" files.

Has anyone done this before? Modifying the audio playback example for use with an sdram based board?

Thanks! Erich

p.s. Just so you dont think Im a complete dope (just a partial one), I did run the sdram memory tester example and also the simple audio loopback example (it doesnt use memory) and they each work fine!

Reply to
eric