PS/2 interface

I have two fpga boards; one of them pretends to be the device (say a mouse), the other one would be the host. I would like the host to read the data sending from the device thru the PS/2 port. I have got the PS/2 interface (from opencores.org CVS/ps2core); is this good enough for both the device and the host? such that I can use the same PS/2 interface on both the device and the host, and it will be fine to just connect the PS/2 port with a suitable cable? Thanks.

Reply to
greenplanet

Hi.

Take a look at

, there are some PS/2 examples for the XESS FPGA boards. Those examples are for a keyboard connected to the FPGA.

Hern=E1n S=E1nchez

Reply to
Hernán Sánchez

I've visited the xess website; however, there's only one example for mouse and the source codes are in Spanish. Anyways, I tried to figure out what those codes mean and downloaded the bitstream to the fgpa; however, that doesn't work. I am not sure whether the code is not working or I have set something wrong. Anybody has experience using the PS/2 port of XSA-3S1000 board with XST 3.0? If I just wanna read the mouse, do I have to initialize the mouse first? If then, how?

Reply to
greenplanet

"greenplanet" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Yes, you have to initialize the mouse. Read this document for information on the PS/2 mouse protocol:

Dave Van den Bout
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dave Vanden Bout

Yes, I read the document about the PS/2 mouse protocol. I wonder is that true that I must send all those commands as shown on the document to the mouse for initialization? In the example on xess website, it only sends the $F4 command to enable the mouse.

Reply to
greenplanet