High speed MCU to PC transfer

Hi everyone, If you dont mind im just after some of your thoughts regarding a project that im working on. I intend to transfer about 770KiB / s (kilobytes) from the PIC18F4550 (USB 1.1 controller) to a PC (will be audio samples). just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and what sort of work on the PC software/driver side needed to be done... I cant really write in C++ (or anything) but i know someone who can help me...

Reply to
russellseres

Russell,

not going to happen! Taking into account the overhead of USB you you expect too much. The best rate I have seen was about 500 kBytes/sec sustained using a 32-bit micro. Assuming the PIC18 is fast enough and does not contribute as additional bottleneck, I would be very surprised if you can get about 500 kB/sec

An Schwob

Reply to
An Schwob in the USA