USB Core (Japanese Version)

Hi Guys

I know someone of you have helped me in my replies regarding USB Implementation before. I downloaded the USB Core (referred to as the Japanese version). The beauty of this core is that no hardware is required. Just need to connect the D+ and D- of the USB cable to pins of the FPGA.

The facts.. I changed the code around so that it has a altera pll running and producing a 48Mhz clock for the usb. I connected some of the output pins to the leds to see what's going on. I uploaded the program and connected the usb cable to the pins and to the PC (and added some circuitry like 3 extra resistors). and Behold, the program on the FPGA actually does something. I know it's working because when i connect/disconnect the usb calbe, the lights on fpga change their pattern for a small amount of time..

However I can't test the actual communication. The reason being, when I connect the usb cable to the PC, the PC recognizes a new USB device is attached (as win2k shows in the system try all the usb devices.), however is unrcognised as VALID drivers are not installed.

What I need is some help/tips on how i can install a driver for this product. The fpga has been configured so that it recognises a vendor ID of C91 and product ID of 2001. I have tried playing around with .inf files, but win2k rejects all of them and uses the standard c:\winnt\inf\usb.inf file.

I'm so close to getting this thing to work.

Pls help/advice Regards

Reply to
SneakerNet

would you please post a url so others can look at it ?

Reply to
cb

I didn't post the link as I got the link from this newsgroup so didn't think anyone would need it. Anyway here is the link

It's in Japenese. Goto Altavista.com and translate it from japense to english.

Pls reply back if you get it work. Have fun Regards

Reply to
SneakerNet

beauty

producing

PC

fpga

is

but

Try

They have a demo version that looks really easy to make drivers. I played with it but not on a real device. Let us know if it works!

-Colin

Reply to
Colin Jackson

D+

the

however

of

file.

Hello Colin LOL, while doing a search on google, I had come across that site. Installed it, then deleted it :P.. Guess looks like I'll have to try again. I hope I can crack it. Thanks Colin Regards

Reply to
SneakerNet

D+

the

however

of

file.

Colin Have u got a crack for this program? Since I installed it about a month back, then uninstalled it, and now it won't work.. Sigh

SneakerNet

Hi Again Colin Don't worry about the crack, I found it. Did u have this problem, WinDriver finds the device, and I assign the Vendor ID and the Product ID and windriver generates a inf file, and then tries to install the driver. However at this stage, win2k takes over and reports that c:\winnt\inf\usb.inf is a closer match and windows ends up using that driver instead of my custom generated driver and I can't do anything about it.

Cheers.

D+

the

however

of

file.

Reply to
SneakerNet

I had tried the program on my computer at work which I don't have anymore. I had tried it back in January. I saw your posting and thought I'd point a finger in that direction for you to look at.

Something isn't totally right with the way that windows handles USB devices. I have a new Compaq scanner with a new Compaq computer. They didn't even have the driver preinstalled. I had to use the scanner CD to install the drivers. Now, whenever I plug in another USB device (new or already installed) windows scrambles the scanner driver. Then windows tells me how it found "new hardware" and installs a do-nothing unknown device driver. Installing the scanner drivers from the CD doesn't work. I finally went to the windows answer database and found that I have to uninstall ALL USB devices, including the motherboard USB controllers, reboot and let windows find everything, then install the scanner driver, then plug in the scanner. Everytime the power goes out I have to do this procedure all over again. I had to get a big UPS to put all my equipment on.

Microsoft engineers should be fixing the functionality of the operating system instead of plugging the back-door holes THEY left for hackers to get in.

Maybe when the government locks up one of those childish hackers they should also lock up the Microsoft engineer that left the door open in the first place.

Sorry about all the venting.

Regards, Colin

driver

on.

it's

ID

files,

Reply to
Colin Jackson

Hi Colin Haha it's ok. I had a similar problem with a HP scanner on a HP computer. Once the driver was installed, if the user unplugge it and plugged it in a diff usb slot, the whole driver process had to be carried out all over again. Pain in the ass.

I deided to dedicate the usb port to scanner only ;o) oh well thanks for the direction. I'll keep working on it. Hopefully along the way someone can help me out Thanks again

devices.

reboot

plug

get

should

ID

driver.

the

on

when

is

Reply to
SneakerNet

On a sunny day (Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:32:49 +1200) it happened "SneakerNet" wrote in :

Hey, it is the first time I have seen someone ask 3000$ for a Linux license... I pressed 'BUY'.... Or did I read that wrong? In Linux you can just modifiy some USB webcam driver I am sure... In fact I had a go some time ago to interface unknown USB webcam, but finally found an existing driver, so left it. Just wondering. JP

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

SneakerNet wrote: : Hi Colin : Haha it's ok. I had a similar problem with a HP scanner on a HP computer. : Once the driver was installed, if the user unplugge it and plugged it in a : diff usb slot, the whole driver process had to be carried out all over : again. Pain in the ass.

: I deided to dedicate the usb port to scanner only ;o) : oh well : thanks for the direction. I'll keep working on it. Hopefully along the way : someone can help me out : Thanks again

SneakerNet,

please don't fullquote.

Thanks

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

computer.

way

anymore.

?? I have no idea what you are on about Uwe. Sorry..

Reply to
SneakerNet

"SneakerNet" skrev i meddelandet news:cFpeb.164194$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xtra.co.nz...

driver

Maybe remove usb.inf temporarily from the inf directory, install, and then move usb.inf back.... That is what I have done in similar situations. Maybe you indicate that it is a HID device with your Product Id....

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson   ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

"SneakerNet" skrev i meddelandet news:2xHeb.165022$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xtra.co.nz...

This may or may not be a USB problem, or it might be a device problem I know for sure that USBSerials may install as a different COM port if you move it to another place in the hub. Those are cheap devices where the manufactruere did not buy a serial EEPROM to store a unique product Id, in which case the device will not change COM port number when it is moved.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson   ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

He is complaining about the fact that you do not remove all the unneccessary/old parts of the reply like headers. This post was a reply to yours, but it is much shorter, since I cleaned it up. There are guidelines on how to "behave" in newsgroups, and if you adhere, you wont see the "policing" from others.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson   ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

ID

driver.

Hi Ulf haha I did that.. but windows still found it LOL.. i even renamed it to _usb.inf_ and it still found it.. LOL

Reply to
SneakerNet