why can't i use opb_spi core in EDK6.3?

I have added the opb_spi core in my project,I can assure the opb_spi have been inserted in the project(because i can find the synthesise and implemention file of opb_spi).But i can't find any parameter about opb_spi in the xparameters.h,and can't the head file in the directory of PPC405_0/libsrc or PPC405_0/include, what is wrong?

Reply to
ARRON

inserted in the project(because i can find the synthesise and implemention file of opb_spi).But i can't find any parameter about opb_spi in the xparameters.h,and can't the head file in the directory of PPC405_0/libsrc or PPC405_0/include, what is wrong?

Sometimes if you manually add ipcores to .mhs file, EDK does not put parameters to xparameters.h file. You have to use the Add/EDit Core GUI to add ipcore correctly.

-James

Reply to
dexue

inserted in the project(because i can find the synthesise and implemention file of opb_spi).But i can't find any parameter about opb_spi in the xparameters.h,and can't the head file in the directory of PPC405_0/libsrc or PPC405_0/include, what is wrong?

I'll just add that what goes into the xparameters.h file is determined by the file system.mss in the base of your project. This is a plain text file with very simple parameters. You can always add an entry to it for your spi core.

Reply to
Duane Clark

The xparameters.h, other include files, and libraries are based on the driver selected for that peripheral.

In XPS, select Project->Software Platform Settings (or double click on the processor in the System tab) and assign a driver to the opb_spi. You can select between none, spi, and generic. I would recommend selecting spi.

As Duane Clark pointed out you can also manually add the spi driver to your [project name].mss file.

There is no problem with manually adding IPs to the .mhs file, but if you want to use their driver one must also add it to the .mss file.

Tip: One can assign the default drivers to all the IP in the system by selecting Project->Assign Default Drivers.

been inserted in the project(because i can find the synthesise and implemention file of opb_spi).But i can't find any parameter about opb_spi in the xparameters.h,and can't the head file in the directory of PPC405_0/libsrc or PPC405_0/include, what is wrong?

Reply to
Benjamin J. Stassart

hello,everyone.I always build my project and compile it in EDK,but now i want to compile my project in gcc,who can tell me the process of compile the project step by step, thanks a lot!!!!

Reply to
ARRON

Adding opb_spi through ADD/EDIT CORE is correct, and the opb_spi has drivers in the MSS file,which is 1.00.b, i am confused for this problem.

Reply to
ARRON