WebPack on Linux

Greetings

How is this supposed to work ?

I have installed webpack for Linux on my FC5 box, and that part is working. I can compile my VHDL files, generate fitterrepports etc. But the following does'nt work:

"Assign Package Pins" When i click it, it says >>Started : "Assign Package Pins".

Reply to
Henrik Pedersen

Check ldconfig + setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH ,it might help. I have run it under FreeBSD.org myself without major problems.

Reply to
pbdelete

Make sure you have the compatibility libraries loaded. The Xilinx tools are targeted at RHEL which is way behind Fedora so you need to load the compatibility libraries.

Reply to
Josh Rosen

Sounds good and easy, but how do i go about doing that ?

Henrik

Reply to
Henrik Pedersen

Tried as root doing above. Response is ldconfig: relative path `+' used to build cache

But it still does'nt work.

Henrik

Reply to
Henrik Pedersen

Use Yumex. Search for compat and then install the compat-libstdc++-33 library.

Reply to
Josh Rosen

Allready installed. What am i missing here ?

Henrik

Reply to
Henrik Pedersen

Have you set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable? You need the following either in your .cshrc or in your scripts that call the Xilinx tools,

set path = (${path} $XILINX/bin/lin) setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:${XILINX}/bin/lin:${XILINX}/lib setenv LMC_HOME ${XILINX}/smartmodel/lin/installed_lin setenv NPX_PLUGIN_PATH ${XILINX}/java/lin/jre/plugin/i386/ns4

Reply to
Josh Rosen

Heureka !!!! Thank you so very, very much. Now i can get a bit further with my projects.

Henrik

Reply to
Henrik Pedersen

Next problem.

Running a simulation turns up the following error. ERROR:Simulator:222 - Generated C++ compilation was unsuccessful

Seaching Xilinx.com does'nt give many ideas as to what is happening.

Anyone here has a clue ?

Henrik

Reply to
Henrik Pedersen

What simulator are you using?

Reply to
Josh Rosen

I was told that Multisim was'nt supported for the free edition of webpack for Linux, så i'm trying to make the ISE simulator work.

Henrik

Reply to
Henrik Pedersen

I don't know anyone who is using the ISE simulator. Most people use NCsim, VCS or ModelSim, I use NC. If you are looking for a free simulator I'd suggest that you give icarus a try.

Josh Rosen

I ment ModelSim offcourse. I would like to use ModelSim, as i have some experience with it. Does Icarus support VHDL as well as Verilog ?

Henrik

Reply to
Henrik Pedersen

Icarus is Verilog. There are some free VHDL projects out there, I don't know anything about them, I use Verilog.

Reply to
Josh Rosen