Xilinx-Modelsim on Linux

Hey there

I have a lot of trouble finding directions/guides/manuals on how to get subject working.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction ?

Henrik

Reply to
Henrik Pedersen

Hi, After you got the libraries compiled using the compxlib tool (included in ISE), you shouldn't get any trouble. Please precise the exact problem you encountred

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

I'm a step further from that. What libs should i compile.

Let me resume for a moment. Downloaded WebPack 8,2,03i and installed it. Done a few recomended jumps and it works.

When i click "Simulate Behavorial" i get a error saying: Model technologies vsim cannot be found be Project navigator. ....

Where do i start ?

Henrik

Reply to
Henrik Pedersen

Contact modeltech to buy modelsim ...

The free/limited modelsim-XE doens't exists for linux, so you need the full one. But you could use the included ISE simulator. In your project settings or global preferences, there should be an option to select your simulation tool.

Sylvain

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

Try to type in a shell: comxlib --s mti_se -arch all -l all -lib all -w

-smartmodel_setup If it doesn't compile tell me the exact error message. Be sure that the modelsim's b> GaLaKtIkUs=99 wrote:

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

Reply to
czeczek

[root@p1800 bin]# find / -name comxlib [root@p1800 bin]#

Have'nt got that file.

Should it be run under vine ?

Henrik

Reply to
Henrik Pedersen

Tried using that instead and got this far: Building mod_Timers_isim_beh.exe ERROR:Simulator:222 - Generated C++ compilation was unsuccessful

Henrik

Reply to
Henrik Pedersen

compxlib

(typo)

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

Tried above solution with the folowing result:

./compxlib --s mti_se -arch all -l all -lib all -w -smartmodel_setup ./compxlib: error while loading shared libraries: libPersonalityModule.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The module in question is located in the same directory. What would be a logical next step to try ?

Henrik

Reply to
Henrik Pedersen

Try: find / -name \*compxlib\*

Reply to
pbdelete

. /path/to/ise/settings.sh

(the dot and the following space are important !)

Sylvain

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

Not sure on the exact syntax directory to execute the command.

Could you be a little more specific, please ?

Henrik

Reply to
Henrik Pedersen

Reply to