Have webpack-81i running on grml Linux, rewrote ppcableIII jtag driver for Digilent to use direct io.

I got a Linux distro from

and have the 8.1 webpack working on it. This is a small distro, and I think it should be possible to make one CD with Linux and webpack as auto-run, but I only installed on harddisk (from CD would be too slow for me).

Interesting is that I did not get the Xilinx GUI working in the install, likely because I changed some stuff in grml, (removed X.org x server and changed to XFree).

I moved to grml after I got pissed at all the ever increasing bloat from Suse10. And yes I have the Redhat fedora too as many disks, but this grml is only one CD.

So, as all characters in the Xilinx EULA were unreadable, I figured right click button for NO on every question, and it installed itself anyways, so I am free of Eula ;-) Thank you X. Anyways, I copied some libs, (all .so), to /usr/local/lib/xilinx/, added that path to /etc/ld.so.conf, then ran ldconfig. Did export of XILINX from the zhs shell to env, and hey I can do the whole project from scripts. (Without GUI). The impact did not like my X3 par port cable , downloaded 2.6 drivers from X website, still no go. As the digilent lab board I use here at home to test, uses a par port cable with JTAG, started writing jtag code, then found Mr Usselman already did that for us. But his did not work on my system, because I did not have the par port modules and device. So I rewrote his program for direct IO to the parport. You can find it here (if you use digilent digilab board): ftp://panteltje.com/pub/p3j.c Compile with gcc -Wall -O2 -o p3j p3j.c tested on gcc-2.95, gcc-3.3, and gcc-4.0 (yes grml has all these). Thank you Rudolf Usselmann.

Nothing is tested very much, maybe more later.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Made a little web page:

With some remarks how I installed webpack on grml Linux. It also holds a simple example script to configure a Digilent Digilab D2 with webpack-8.1i without GUI.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje