Wasn't the S3E board cost 149$@Xilinx , it's 178$@Avnet !!!!

Guyzz

I Was just checkking if the S3E was available at the Xilinx Store but it still isn't. They refer to Avnet , but there it costs $178.

Those $28 would be the shipping from Xilinx , so i hope Avnet is shipping for free.

Else those $28 + maybe more shipping would "hurt" for a private VHDL learner.

I am from from Europe , and wonders if the shipping is also more from Avnet ???.

Any places in Europe where the S3E kit is available for £149 ???

Regards Carsten

Reply to
Carsten

It may be $178 from European distribution; the

site shows $149. I may have a cookie set that says I'm a US locale. My S3E kits (ordered a while ago) had a few dollars shipping - not much considering the "usual" charges.

Reply to
John_H

I ordered the HW-SPAR3E-SK-US from Avnet on 5-Apr, and received it on

12-Apr. I was charged $149 plus $12.29 sales tax plus $12.82 shipping and handling to get it from Avnet to me via Fedex ground service. I wasn't charged anything for shipping from Xilinx to Avnet; it's not customary for the end purchaser to pay for that.

I have no idea what they'll charge for shipping to Europe, but if it's $28 that sounds reasonable.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Smith

If you "Hit Order" , it will list $178 for qty = 1 , and $149 for qty >= 100

I did not go further , so i don't know if it just is $149 when logged in.

Ohh and on Xilinx website i could choose EU (prob. the Powersupply) , but i can only order a US on AVNET , that is too bad.

Xilinx ... When is it comming in your webstore , in an EU version ???

Regards Carsten

Reply to
Carsten

I meant when i ordered the Spartan3 kit from Xilinx i payed around $30 for shipment from Xilinx to DK

Carsten

Reply to
Carsten