Avnet hav2 s3e starter kit?

According to

The spartan 3e starter kits are available yet xilinx says they are not ?

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

"Alex Gibson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

6 weeks ago Avnet told me that they have already shipped 400 pieces of the s3e kit. and I belive they did not lie about that.

the only s3e I have seen on board from cesys

so at least one company is actually shipping s3e boards (I assume avent is not shipping as they are out of stock..or are those 18 boards they had still unsold?)

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

"Antti Lukats" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:dntnb5$3d1$ snipped-for-privacy@online.de...

uups, I did not check out your link, I dont have any idea if Avnet shipping the 500E board, they have shipped 100e boards for sure, and as others are shipping 500e based boards I guess avent may as well have them ready for shipping.

so its only Xilinx itself who is delaying with dev board releases

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

If you hit the "Buy Now" button the following info pops up:

  • Lead Time (weeks): Call * Status: NCNR, Backorder

Maybe Xilinx is doing it better by saying "Notify me when available" in blace of "Add to Cart."

There's still no information on the Avnet site beyond the one-page product brief. At least it *looks* like an S3E board! Now if I could read those connector part numbers....

Since - at the moment - the Xilinx link

is dead, there may be an imminent update.

Reply to
John_H

the avnet 100e board is still in stock, surprisingly the stock count have increased from 18 to 83 ?? with lead time of 26 weeks...!?

we need to wait then :(

antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

The high speed connnector is the same one as used on the Digilent/Xilinx XUPV2P board:

The softtouch connector footprint routing pictured in the Avnet datasheet appears to indicate there's provision for at least some differential pairs to the connector, have to wait for the released schematics and layout files to be sure.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Davis

Steve Knapp (Xilinx Spartan-3 Generation FPGAs)

This is why I like redirects. Here is a better link to the Xilinx Spartan-3E Starter Kit board web page.

... which redirects to the correct location ...

--------------------------------- Steven K. Knapp Applications Manager, Xilinx Inc. General Products Division Spartan-3/-3E FPGAs

--------------------------------- The Spartan(tm)-3 Generation: The World's Lowest-Cost FPGAs.

Reply to
Steve Knapp (Xilinx Spartan-3 Generation FPGAs)

"Steve Knapp (Xilinx Spartan-3 Generation FPGAs)" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

what was this!? Steve you just quoted my posting back to newsgroup without any comments added?

am I blind or did I tell all what there is to tell :)

The link above to S3e starterkit at Xilinx is still dead.... so the wait is on as usual

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Possibly Avnet was referring to their Spartan-3E Evaluation Kit, which has an XC3S100E FPGA on it. This board has been shipping for awhile.

The XC3S500E-based Spartan-3E Starter Kit board should be available in the next few weeks.

--------------------------------- Steven K. Knapp Applications Manager, Xilinx Inc. General Products Division Spartan-3/-3E FPGAs

--------------------------------- The Spartan(tm)-3 Generation: The World's Lowest-Cost FPGAs.

Reply to
Steve Knapp (Xilinx Spartan-3 Generation FPGAs)

The Spartan-3E Starter Kit board will be available in roughly two weeks. You can sign up to receive E-mail notification when order entry is opened.

The board was delayed for a good reason. Two of our board partners upgraded the Flash and DDR SDRAM memory -- now twice the density of the previous description at no additional cost!

--------------------------------- Steven K. Knapp Applications Manager, Xilinx Inc. General Products Division Spartan-3/-3E FPGAs

--------------------------------- The Spartan(tm)-3 Generation: The World's Lowest-Cost FPGAs.

Reply to
Steve Knapp (Xilinx Spartan-3 Generation FPGAs)

Aaaargh!

Pilot error on my part. My apology.

This is why I like redirects. Here is a better link to the Xilinx Spartan-3E Starter Kit board web page.

... which redirects to the correct location ...

--------------------------------- Steven K. Knapp Applications Manager, Xilinx Inc. General Products Division Spartan-3/-3E FPGAs

--------------------------------- The Spartan(tm)-3 Generation: The World's Lowest-Cost FPGAs.

Reply to
Steve Knapp (Xilinx Spartan-3 Generation FPGAs)

"Steve Knapp (Xilinx Spartan-3 Generation FPGAs)" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

so whats the target date? it was promised in December but its still only 'register for notification' what effectivly says nothing.

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

The price is ridiculously low.. u guys are gonna kill the competition, and your partners which are selling sub $200 fpga board too. If im not mistaken, there will be a usb downloader (usb platform cable) as an additional goody? Any idea when we'll see XC3S-E up for sale on the xilinx website?

Steve Knapp (Xil> The Spartan-3E Starter Kit board will be available in roughly two

Reply to
jaxato

So no Christmas this year! And here I was hoping "available in December" was a tease for the present pile rather than a New Year's eve party favor.

Thanks for the updates, Steve.

Reply to
John_H

"John_H" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eEFof.83$ snipped-for-privacy@news-west.eli.net...

uups! I did think (silly me) that what Steve was referring to was that avnet will ship their s3e500 board in 2 weeks, as Xilinx promised the their S3e starterkit in December!

well roughly 2 weeks means defenetly after christmas and possible not in

2005 at all.

meaning that the only boards shipped from public online orders this year could be

1) s3e-100 eval from avnet 2) s3e-500 usb board from cesys 3) or is there any other s3e board already been shipped to customers (available for general public orders!)?

but the xilinx s3e-starter board has most bang for the buck so it pays to wait for it of course

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Hi Steve,

the avnet site indicates that there will be a vga port (I assume similar to the Spartan 3 eval board) + a 2 line LCD but the Xilinx site does not mention the vga port.

Is it still on the S3E board?

Thanks

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Jones

Oh well, will just have to wait. Was hoping to get one to have something to play with over christmas to have a break from working with TI dsps.

I'll see if the local Avnet guys get back to me later today.

Alex

ps. Sorry about the title. Thats what happens when you try and finish off some work on a friday before heading home after being dragged along to a wine and cheese night.

Reply to
Alex Gibson