XILINX FIX UP THE WEBPACK 6.3 DOWNLOAD !!!

Antti Lukats wrote: : Quote from Xilinx Website (the best support web as many seem to claim!):

: "Support for 3S1000 and 3S1500 devices is available in ISE WebPACK 6.3i only : when the product is downloaded and installed from the Web at :

"

: if you go to the link to download 6.3 you get what ?

: guess: you land to 6.2 download pages!!

: ISE 6.3 is available as ""free"" CD for 20 USD shipping, but as per quote : above if you dont download from the (dead) link you will not get 3S1000/1500 : support! So you have to pay 20 USD to get less than you could get for free : (if xilinx would fix the wrong link to the download)

: So as the things stand today: since ISE 6.3 free webpack is no longer : available, not from web download not as CDROM (20USD shipping charges : apply). I dont mind the 20USD and I dont need the Webpack either, but I also : dont like people being fooled around with incorrect information.

The 6.3 Webpack had problems and was withdrawn. Expect a corrected version soon.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes

Because we would complain anyway ? ;-)

But serious, it seems that they decided too late to put in the support for xc3s1000 & xc3s1500 into webpack, and if that is the case I can wait few days for this gift ;-)

Reply to
E.S.

[...]

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

also

soon.

thanks! I wonder why that information is not available from Xilinx!! Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Ah, but Steve Lass posted and apologised on comp.arch.fpga about it. Check out the thread entitled "Webpack 6.3 and Spartan3-1000/1500". Cheers, Syms.

Reply to
Symon

ok apologising on comp.arch.fpga is good sign too, BUT

if I am looking for ISE update I will look primarly on

not start with searching on comp.arch.fpga comp.arch.fpga is not for xilinx only - first information about xilinx solution is still expected to be available on xilinx website IMHO

antti

Antti Lukats

Antti Lukats wrote: : Quote from Xilinx Website (the best support web as many seem to claim!):

: "Support for 3S1000 and 3S1500 devices is available in ISE WebPACK 6.3i only : when the product is downloaded and installed from the Web at :

"

: if you go to the link to download 6.3 you get what ?

: guess: you land to 6.2 download pages!!

6.3 webpack is out now

Uwe Bonnes

I'm currently using webpack 6.2i sp3 for some virtex II designs. Does Webpack 6.3sp1 have improvements in it that would improve my design implementaion?

Reply to
geeja